Monday, February 18, 2013

"Easy Lasagna"

Hello, my name is Heather, and I'm about to tell you one of the easiest, most delicious things that you can make. Are you ready? Lasagna. Ok, technically it isn't lasagna. But seriously, it tastes a whole lot like it, but better! You see, I don't like lasagna. I'm really not sure why. I just never have. Oh, and by the way, when I came across this recipe, I thought, "Hmm...this sounds disgusting." But I made it and loved it, along with my VERY picky husband. (I love that man, but he needs some lessons on the word "yummy.")

I do have a confession; I lost the recipe. I'm sorry! It isn't called "Easy Lasagna." I don't remember what it's called! All I know is that it's easy and tastes like lasagna.


This is from the first time I made this dish for Blake and I.
Note to self: start taking more pictures while cooking!!


Ingredients:

browned meat
spaghetti sauce
sour cream
mozzarella cheese
uncooked crescent rolls
margarine

Directions:  

Once you've browned the meat, mix it with the spaghetti sauce. This will be your first layer in your baking dish. (There's 3 layers.) Next, mix the sour cream and mozzarella cheese. Layer that on top of the meat/sauce. Then, lay out the crescent rolls (see above image.) I got a can that came with 8 crescent rolls and that covered my medium sized pan. Melt some butter and spread that over the crescent rolls once you have them layed out. Cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes (until the crescent rolls are a golden brown.) Once it is done baking, spread some mozzarella cheese over the top and let it melt. Boom! The end!

Since I don't have the recipe, I'm not sure of how much to use of everything. I made it yesterday for a dinner between worship services and I just got everything and made enough to fit into a large baking dish (which, by the way, came home empty...) I used a whole jar of spaghetti sauce, I have no idea how much meat, 3/4 of a medium sized sour cream tub, a whole bag of mozerella cheese (it was a regular bag), and around 2 tbs of margarine.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as my husband and I do, along with everyone from Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment